Delivered by trailer with the mast up and ready to sail to one of several boat ramps (Wareham, Fairhaven, Falmouth, Weymouth, others) in the Boston and Cape Cod area.
Overnights/weekends available at the per day rate ($350 per night)
This Macgregor 26S, also called “26 Classic” sleeps 4-5 adults and is fully equipped for overnight trips or day sailing. Visit Boston’s Harbor Islands on a daytrip or overnight. Sail Buzzards Bay and spend a night or two in the protected waters off of Bassetts Island near Bourne. Sail to Martha’s Vineyard for the weekend. For more adventure, sail to Nantucket. If you have more time, sail to Block Island and on to Montauk, NY.
The boat is 26 feet long and almost 8 feet wide. The cockpit seats 4 adults with lots of room and is comfortable with up to 6 adults. The cabin sleeps 5 adults in a double vee berth, an aft double berth and a single in the salon. The manufacturer counts the short salon bench near the galley as a sleeping berth but it is only adequate for a small child. The boat draws 6 feet of water with the centerboard fully down, but the centerboard is retractable. Raise the centerboard, engine, and kickup rudder to reduce the draft to 15 inches and beach the boat for easy access to shore.
As a renter, you have options and flexibility that are not possible with boats in marinas and even beyond what I can do as an owner. For example, you can pick up the boat in Wareham, MA and spend the day sailing Buzzards Bay, head over to Martha’s Vineyard for the weekend, then drop the boat off in Falmouth. Leave it to me to deal with the trailer and tow vehicle.
• All coast guard required safety equipment (PFDs, signaling devices, fire extinguishers)
• 6 HP 4 stroke outboard (no need to mix gas and oil)
• Inboard 7 gallon fuel tank
• Inflatable dinghy with 2.5 HP outboard (I do not recommend taking the dinghy unless your cruising plans truly require it)
• Mainsail, jib, and genoa
• All lines routed to cockpit
• Two anchors, each with 25 feet chain and 150 feet of line
• Vee berth sleeps two adults
• Aft berth is nearly king size
• Salon area bench comfortably sleeps one
• Pressurized water in the galley fed by 2, 7 gallon tanks
• Two burner propane stove in the galley
• Propane barbeque grill
• Basic cookware
• Bimini top
• Cockpit cushions
• Portapotti with electric flush and 5.5 gallon holding tank
• 48 quart cooler (or bring your own if you prefer)
• Dual battery system provides power for 3-4 days
• Lighting throughout cabin
• Propane gas alarm
• Navigation lights, running light, mast top/anchor light
• Depth and Speed indicators
• Fixed station VHF radio with mast top antenna, GPS, DSC, and distress button
• Handheld VHF radio with GPS, DSC, and distress button
• Tablet with Navionics chartplotter software and GPS