***NOTE THAT THE BOAT IS ONLY AVAILABLE IN WEEKLY INCREMENTS. PRICE SHOWN IS RATE FOR 24 HRS. For a weekly charter (Sat to Sat, for example, you will need to book 8 days)***
Josephine great for family coastal cruising in some of the most beautiful and challenging waters in the world: Midcoast Maine.
She is also surprisingly fast! Don't be surprised if you are passing boats 3-8 feet longer.
Your charter will begin in Rockland, ME, the heart of one of the best chartering grounds on Earth. From Rockland you have access to beautiful and charming harbors/anchorages including Camden, Pulpit Harbor, Bucks Harbor, Mount Desert Island, Northeast Harbor, Merchant Row and lots more.
Josephine is clean and well maintained. She sails well, points well. And has a reliable Yanmar 3GM30F
Diesel with an auto-prop. A super stable 2021 10' Puffin dinghy with oars and a 2hp engine come with the charter.
The large comfortable cabin with galley, enclosed head, sleeps 6, but is best for 2-4 people. She has 4
opening ports and 2 overhead hatches that provide lots of light and ventilation below. See full specs below.
This charter is for experienced captains only. All requests will be screened carefully by the owner, including a reference check. Coastal Maine, while stunningly beautiful, is a challenging place to cruise. There are no soft landings. The rocky shoreline that makes it so beautiful makes navigating skills essential.
Tides can run strong and lobster traps/potwarp are constant threats that must be understood and avoided. We love Josephine and will only charter to people who demonstrate the skills needed to keep her safe.
• Manufacturer: Pearson
• Model: 10M (Sloop)
• Designer: Bill Shaw
• Year Built: 1979
• Length: 33’
• Beam: 11’
• Air Draft: 55’
• Water Draft: 5’ 11”
• Fin keel / Skeg Rudder... Skeg protects against fouling the prop
• Rockand, ME
• Displacement: 12,500 lb / 5,445 lb lead keel
• Dark Blue Ahull
• All key lines run back to the cockpit for easy access.
• Wheel Steering.
• Bimini that can be deployed while sailing or easily folded up
• New Dodger 2019
• Teak Toe Rails and Teak sideboards in cockpit give classic/classy look
• Wide Side decks makes going forward easy/ safe
• 2021 Puffin tender with 2 HP outboard and oars makes access easy and opens up up endless gunkholing options.
• Full Cockpit Cushions
• Cockpit Awning that connects to dodger provides additional cover in poor weather
• Double lifelines from bow to stern with gates.
• Permanent mounted stern boarding ladder
* 2021 blue Puffin dinghy with ourboard and oars (10 ft)
*2022 all new cockpit and cabin cushions
• Yanmar 3-cylinder 3GM30F Diesel that runs like a top
• Engine Oil and Transmission oil changed annually
• New Shaft, Flange and Cutlass Bering in 2018
• PPS dripless bellows replaced in 2018
• AutoProp H5 3 blade auto pitch prop.
• 20 Gallon fuel tank (Burns less than 0.75 Gal per hour at cruising speed)
• 2 Group 27 batteries (good health)
• Wind Autohelm ST60
• Depth Autohelm ST60.
• Knot meter Autohelm ST60. New Transducer
• Autopilot Raymarine EV100 wheel pilot
• New tablet aboard with two GPS/Chart Plotters installed
• Fix Mounted VHF radio with mast mounted antenna
• Hand Held VHF radio
• 30 Amp Shore power including shore power cord
Sails / Sailing Equipment:
• New 135 Genoa Precision Sails 2019
• Furlex 300 headsail furling
• Main with large roach, 4 full battens
• Tides Track and cars on main for frictionless/ easy raise and lowering
• Main has Dutchman Flaking/furling system. Super easy and quick to perfectly flake the main
• Two self-tailing two speed winches on cabin house for main halyard and
• Two self-tailing two speed winches for jib sheets near helm.
• Utility Winch at Mast
• Traveler at bridge deck
• Headsail tracks, fairleads for jib sheets on side deck
• Hydraulic Backstay Adjuster
• Cold Pressure water System (in both Galley and in head)
• Fresh water foot pump at sink
• 2x 25 Gallon Fresh water Tank
• 35 Gallon Black water holding tank
• Ortigo 6000 2 burner Alcohol Stove + Oven. (gimbled) Non pressurized. Very safe.
• Large built in Icebox
• Cabinet space in galley
* Full set of kitchen cookware, utensils, cups , mugs, etc.
* French press for coffee or tea
• Enclosed Head with opening port and Dorade Vent
• Raritan PHII toilet (recently rebuilt)
• Y valve to holding tank, with Deck or overboard pump out
• 35 Gallon black water holding tank.
• All new hoses and plumbing
• Cabin Headroom throughout is 6 feet 2 in
• Sleeps up to 6
• Port Settee sleep 2 / Starboard sleeps 1
• Forward facing Nav Table to port with Quarter berth
• Starboard Pilot berth (great for general storage)
• Fold up dinette Table. Can seat 6
• V Berth forward with filler piece sleeps 2. With under storage and access to anchor Locker
• LED cabin Lighting. With Remote. LED colors can be adjusted to Red, White, Blue and green.
Ground Tackle/ Anchors
• 33 lb Bruce Anchor with 300’ 5/8” 3 strand rode and 20’ ss chain
• Anchor on bow on bow roller ready to deploy
• Large Danforth anchor. 150’ of 5/8” Strand rode + 6’ chain stored in cockpit locker
• 4 large fenders
• Full new set of dock lines in 2018 + many extra older dock lines
Other Miscellaneous Inventory
• Bosun Chair
• Lots of life jackets
• Lifesling overboard rescue ring
Clean sheets, blankets pillows can be provided for an additional $50 due at check-in. Towels are not provided.
All pets require prior approval and a a 500 cash deposit.
Pet or smoking odors upon return will result in forfeiture of full deposit at owner's discretion.