Boat is in conveniently located in Mission Bay at Dana Landings. This is 5 min from the bait barge and 5 min from the ocean.
“Very impressive boat with great handling, safety performance, and economy. With its comfortable cabin, roomy cockpit and large fishing area it is no surprise that this boat has become one of the most sought after fishing boats on this site.” Captain Mike
1. Ride: An 8'6" beam and high bow that keeps wind and seas where they belong this all composite unsinkable hull offers a smooth ride and peace of mind in an easy to manage package.
2. Helm: The large enclosed helm offers plenty of room, 360 degree visibility, a full array of electronics including GPS, chart plotter, radar, and duel frequency fish finder.
3. Comfort: The tilt wheel and double wide captains seat offer unparalleled comfort while keeping your guests warm and dry.
4. Storage: Opposite the helm is a network of large storage compartments, a tilt out trash compartment and a recessed 25 quart cooler for all your provisions.
5. Cabin: Most boats in this class offer cramped uncomfortable cabins. By contrast this boat offers a full 65 inches of head room and a six foot long V-berth that is big enough for 2 adults to sleep comfortably. The large bed converts to a sitting area with table inset along with a port side counter with sink and large ventilation hatch overhead
6. Fishing: The business end of this boat offers over 46 square feet of fishing area with plenty of room for multiple hook ups. With 11 overhead rod holders, a full height 30 gallon live bait tank, a 36" raised central bait and tackle station along with extra large iced fish box, this boat truly is your ultimate fishing machine.
7. Range: The 120 gallon fuel tank and Yamaha F 250 offer excellent performance and range while prop selection allows for easy to plane smooth running even when fully loaded. Top speed is 38 mph with a cruise speed of 26 mph at 3500 rpm burning just 8 gallons per hour for a range of over 300 miles.
8. Summary: With its comfortable cabin, large helm and roomy deck for fishing, this is a very impressive boat with great handling, performance, safety and economy. Exactly what one should look for when planning a memorable day on the water with family or friends. (Two Thumbs Up, Captain Mike)
1. Cleaning: We pride ourselves on providing you with a clean neat boat for your day of enjoyment. If you do not want to clean up after your rental or need to leave in a hurry, we now offer a convenient cleaning service for just $45.00. (We do not make any money on this and only offer this as a convenience option.)
2. Expectations: You are expected to keep the boat in reasonable shape while in use including brushing and washing down the deck, work surfaces, seating and cushions of any heavy fish blood or bait remains. (Caked on dried fish blood will oxidize and stains decks, work surfaces and cushions and is difficult to remove. Simple periodic wipe or wash down after pulling fish on board goes a long way to making easy cleanup)
Note: Boats found to be in unreasonably dirty condition that require additional deck cleaning or power washing will incur a cleaning fee of $95.00 )
3. Refueling: You are responsible for all fuel along with the recommended Yamaha fuel stabilizer. (YamaLube offers not only the required engine lubrication but also offers the renter additional safety and security in helping prevent any fuel water separation issues all to common with today's ethanol fuel additives.)
If you do not want to take the time to refuel before returning the boat or if you return after 6 pm when the fuel dock has closed, we will refill the boat for you. There is a nominal charge of $20 for the re-fuel service that will be added to the cost of the fuel used.
Note: All renters will incur a $12.50 charge for the Yamaha fuel additive.
Hours of Operation:
1. Daily: Rental rate is for 0-8 hours unless otherwise specifically stated. Boat pickup time is 8 am returning on or before 4 pm.
2. Early Starts: Many renters want to get out for first light first bite and as such arrangements can be made for an early pickup. There is a $100 charge for early morning pickup with available as early as 5 am.
3. Extra hours: Additional time over the allotted 8 hours will be billed at $70 per hour or part thereof.
4. Dawn to dusk, Overnight or multi-day. We offer additional discounts for 12 hour, overnight, multi-day week or monthly rentals.
1. We will review all boat system prior to your departure and it is mandatory that the boat renter/ operator be in attendance for this review. Please allow 30 minutes for this review.
2. Anchor. The use of the anchor is restricted to use in shallow areas of the bay only. Our ocean inshore areas have a lot of reefs that can cause the anchor to get stuck. Even if fishing flats the anchor would be ineffective given the depth and you run the risk of dragging and catching the anchor on surrounding structures. As such the anchor is not to be used in the ocean unless an emergency dictates.
3. Battery. This boat is fitted with a duel battery system offering back up redundancy in the event you run the first battery down. As such please run the boat with the battery selector in either the "Battery 1" one or "Battery 2" position. This will allow you to switch from one to the other in the event of a battery issue. Running the boat with the battery selector in the "Both" position could drain both batteries leaving you without a back up option in the event you run the battery down.
Our family had a great time fishing. It was our first time renting a boat and Trevor's boat didn't disappoint. We caught 22 rock fish. The boat is clean, very well equipped, handled very well, has everything needed for a fishing trip and is great on gas. We used about a third of a tank for an all day fishing trip. And Trevor is a really nice guy too. The pick up and delivery went smoothly. We're looking forward to renting from Trevor again. I give our experience 5 out of 5.