10 Best Gifts for a Boat Owner
There’s always something new and cool that can be a great gift for a boat owner. This is true no matter the type of boat—you can find gifts for cruising boat owners, gifts for pontoon boat owners, gifts for fishing boat owners and more.
Here’s a look at some of the best gift ideas for a boat owner, broken down by the type of boat the person has.
- Marine grills and accessories
- Boat shoes and apparel
- Dry bags
- Waterski gloves
- Fishing boots and waterproof footwear
- Lures, rods, and reels
- Novelty fishing items
- Sailing gloves
- Waterproof, durable jackets and apparel
Gifts for pontoon boat owners
Pontoon boat owners generally do their boating on a lake or reservoir, with a healthy dash of socializing among friends and family. These tend to be the kinds of boats where folks are barbecuing, snacking or just hanging out and sharing cold beverages.
- That’s why gifts like coolers tend to be popular with the pontoon-boat crowd. Yeti is a well-known brand with a variety of options, and Engel makes an array of coolers in various styles and sizes. RTIC’s coolers also tend to get high marks among people who actually use them out in the elements.
- If you’re shopping for the right gift for a pontoon boat owner with an onboard barbecue grill, then you can’t go wrong with grill accessories. BBQ Guys has all kinds of options, including racks, roasters, brushes, thermometers and more. Crate and Barrel is another good place to look, especially for more specialized items such as a fry pan that can be used outdoors, higher-end utensils, and gadgets like a rechargeable USB grill lighter.
Gifts for cruising powerboat owners
Boaters who own cruising powerboats tend to spend at least a couple hours of day underway, and sometimes more. The best gifts for boat owners with cruising boats are often related to comfort—especially if they can help minimize the fatigue that comes with a boat’s vibration and noise while the engines are running.
- The Sperry Sport line of shoes is made with extra cushioning and protection in all the right places for boaters who are out cruising and trying not to do things like stub a toe on a cleat while prepping to pull into port.
- Another great gift idea for boaters who do a lot of cruising is gear from the Bitter End Yacht Club. It is a longtime favorite haunt of boaters in the Virgin Islands, and it has been rebuilding ever since Hurricane Irma tore through the islands. The Bitter End Provisions shop, as it’s called, is a way to find fun gifts for boaters and to help rebuild a world-class boating destination.
Gifts for wakesports boat owners
- Dry bags are always a great gift for boaters who are into wakesports, because by definition, doing wakesports means you’ll have people getting in and out of the water and then dripping all over the boat. Dry bags help to keep everything from cash to important paperwork dry, and are a terrific place to store things like sunglasses while the rider is in the water. Mustang Survival makes good dry bags, as does Gill.
- Another great gift idea for boaters who love wakesports is waterski gloves. They can be used for wakeboarding and other tow sports too, and they come in a variety of styles, sizes and colors. Check out the offerings at O’Brien and HO Sports.
- Also be sure to check out the 7 Best Towable Tubes for Adults.
Gifts for fishing boat owners
- Pelagic makes a line of footwear specifically for folks who like to go fishing. Its products include boots in various heights as well as sandals in all kinds of styles, for men, women and children alike. Grundens is also a good place to look for fishing boots in multiple options.
- Depending on the type of fishing your friend likes to do, he or she may appreciate some new lures. Rapala offers a wide selection, and Game On has a variety too.
- And, if you’re looking for more of a novelty-type gift for a boat owner who likes to fish, head over to the Guy Harvey website. His illustrations of fish are legendary, and you can buy all kinds of gifts that feature them, including yoga mats, dog collars and phone cases.
Gifts for sailboat owners
- One of the top things that sailors care about is keeping their hands free from line burns and cuts. That’s why a great gift idea for boat owners who sail is a pair of gloves made specifically for the marine environment. Harken makes a variety of gloves specifically styled for sailors. Henri Lloyd makes Pro Grip gloves for boaters, and Mustang Survival has a selection too.
- For serious sailors, companies like Gill and Helly Hansen make, well, serious jackets that will keep boaters warm and dry even if they get caught in a nasty storm. Look for terms like “offshore” and “ocean” if you’re looking for serious sailing gear, as well as features like “quick drying” and “sealable pockets” that sailors tend to love.
Looking for other gift ideas? Be sure to read:
- Black Friday Gift Guide for Boaters
- 10 Best Gift Ideas for Anglers for 2022
- 10 Best Boating Gifts for Dad
- 10 Best Boating Gifts for Her
Boatsetter is a unique boat-sharing platform that gives everyone — whether you own a boat or you’re just renting — the chance to experience life on the water. You can list a boat, book a boat, or make money as a captain.
Kim Kavin has been on boats in more than 50 countries and islands, including in the Caribbean, Mediterranean, South Pacific, Indian Ocean and Southeast Asia. She grew up learning to steer a ski boat and Hobie Holder at her grandfather’s lake house in New Jersey, and went on to spend time aboard everything from America’s Cup racing sailboats to submarines.
Kim is a PADI-certified scuba diver and animal lover who always enjoys a good, long look around a coral reef. Her award-winning writing and editing regularly appears in national marine magazines and on leading websites. In her early years, she was a Dow Jones editing intern and a graduate of the University of Missouri-Columbia School of Journalism. When she’s not writing, Kim can usually be found hiking northwest New Jersey’s beautiful park trails with her adopted shelter mutt, Ginger.