Planning Your Unforgettable Boat Proposal
This is one of the most important days of your (and their) lives. It’s the story you’ll tell for decades to come, it’s the story you’ll recount to each other, about how nervous you were, about how Boatsetter helped you bring this momentous occasion to life. Boating is extraordinary on its own, add your wedding proposal to the mix, and we can assure you: Sparks will fly!
We’ll go over everything you need to know about proposing on a boat and get you ready for your one and only, your unforgettable wedding proposal Read the entire blog post for help on how to propose on a boat:
- Picking the right boat
- Best boats for proposing
- What you can’t forget
Read this entire blog post for Pro Boatsetter Tips especially made for popping the big question.
Finding the one: Boat types
Finding the perfect boat for your proposal should be easy thanks to Boatsetter’s platform, which connects you to boat owners near you or nearest to the body of water you want to explore. Something to keep in mind when picking the right boat is your budget and how many people are going to be present at the time of the proposal.
Luckily for you our platform allows you to filter by price and passengers. Picking the right boat from here will just keep getting easier. Here are a few boat types that would bode well for this occasion:
- Rent a pontoon if your plans include a few more people or just you two. Pontoons are designed with a spacious lounge area with cushiony seats. This design, coupled with the Pontoon’s gentle cruising speed, makes this boat a great aid to help set a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere before all the celebrations to come after you pop the question.
- Rent a dinghy if you plan on it just being you two (and if you want to add a little more adventure. A dinghy is a small sailboat designed for exhilaration or relaxation. Whether you’re planning a day of adventure or leisure, your closeness on this boat is perfect for this intimate occasion.
- Rent a yacht We know yachts are generally thought of as expensive boats, but this is the beauty of boat-sharing apps like Boatsetter. You only pay a small fraction to rent even a yacht if you want to bring out the big guns for your proposal. You can also filter to find all yachts of different prices, sizes, and add-ons.
Boat proposal ideas
If your nerves have your thinking gears stuck, do not panic, we’ve rounded up boat proposal ideas to help get you going:
- On the bow of your boat
- In the water of the sandbar or the shallow shore
- Place the ring in a seashell and give it to them
- Write the question in the sand
- Hand it to them as a message in a bottle
- Write it using seashells
- At a waterfront restaurant
- Bring your fur baby aboard, and have them pop the question for you
Here’s a Pro Boatsetter Tip to consider in preparation for the big day:
Use Boatsetter’s messenger to let the Owner of the boat know about your special plans. Sometimes our Owners lend themselves to help with planning too! That’s just the kind of boating community we are.
Boat proposal day checklist
Run through this checklist for more inspiration or to remind you of important items:
- Favorite foods
- A photographer
- Rose petals
- Dock & Dine Guide
- A Float Plan
- Swimming trunks
You’ve got the boat, just don’t forget the ring. There’s no memory more precious than when you got engaged. A boat proposal is the way to go. We’re so happy for you (good luck)!
Boatsetter is a unique boat-sharing platform that gives everyone — whether you own a boat or you’re just renting — the chance to experience life on the water. You can list a boat, book a boat, or make money as a captain.