A Guide to Lake Lewisville & Party Cove (Texas)
Lewisville Lake, situated north of Fort Worth and Dallas, is a hot spot for boaters and party-goers alike. This 29,000-acre lake offers 223 miles of curving and winding shorelines and coves. It has an average depth of 25 feet, and the deepest location near the dam hovers around 67 feet deep.
The lake is also surrounded by pleasant picnic areas, campsites, beaches, trails for hiking and biking, open prairies, wetlands, dense forests, golf courses, docks, a pioneer homestead from the 1870s, and many urban fishing areas. You’ll find alligator gar, white, largemouth, and spotted bass, blue and channel catfish, and several sunfish; it is dubbed the official “Urban Bass Fishing Capital of Texas.”
Don’t let the “urban” fool you. Lewisville has several protected wildlife areas that make up about 9,000 acres. In these wildlife areas, you’ll find mink, bobtails, turtles, white-tailed deer, wood ducks, wading birds, turkeys, buntings, songbirds, dozens of native wild plant species, and so much more.
What is Lake Lewisville known for?
Lewisville is best known for its excellent fishing opportunities, but, in addition to that, you’ll find that it’s a great place to swim, water ski, jet ski, parasail, sail, sailboard, scuba dive, snorkel, paddle, hike, camp, bike, picnic, disc golf, and of course, party.
Where to eat near Lake Lewisville?
The best places to eat can be conveniently located on the south side of the lake on Justin Road. The price tags are just as appealing as the food too!
Landmark Grill offers delicious dine-in and carry-out options from their all-American menu.
You’ve got to try their rack of ribs, the portion sizes are generous, and they fall off the bone effortlessly. Their cheeseburgers are also a huge hit; it’s easily one of the best (if not the best) burgers in the area.
Find them at 1297 Justin Rd #310, Lewisville, TX 75077.
Nick’s Pizza and Pasta
Nick’s Pizza and Pasta is a small family-owned restaurant where classic homemade Italian deliciously melts into classic New York-style pizza. The pasta is made fresh, and the pizza is hot with locals and tourists alike.
You can find it near Landmark Grill, at 1301 Justin Rd, Lewisville, TX 75077.
Taqueria la Esperanza
This low-key Mexican restaurant is a hidden treasure. Here, you’ll find some of the very best authentic Mexican food. Try out their beef tacos or chicken tostadas.
You can stop in at Taqueria la Esperanza at 1297 Justin Rd Lewisville, TX 75077, in the same building as Landmark Grill.
Where is Lake Lewisville Party Cove?
You can find Party Cove in the lake’s center, on the southwest side near Westlake Park. The best place to put your boat in is at the Westlake Park Boat Ramp, at 2000 Main St, Hickory Creek, TX 75065.
It’s not a party without a cool playlist blasting from the speakers; here are our favorite boating songs to jam out to on the water.
Can you have alcohol on Lake Lewisville?
Alcohol is allowed on Lake Lewisville, but there are a few rules to follow.
- Only those 21 years or older may consume alcohol.
- Alcoholic beverages are limited to beer, champagne, or wine.
- You may drink anywhere on the lake, so long as you are, at minimum, fifteen feet away from athletic facilities. The following places are considered athletic facilities:
- athletic fields
- baseball diamonds
- tennis courts
- game courts
- While it is legal to drink on a boat, you need to have a safe, sober, designated driver for your boat. Boating while intoxicated (BWI) is a misdemeanor and can result in penalties and jail time. BWIs can revoke driver’s licenses too. Most first-time offenders have their licenses revoked for 180 days.
- First-time offenders face a maximum $2,000 fine, 180 days of incarceration, or both.
- Second-time offenders can receive up to a $4,000 fine, a one-year incarceration period, or both.
- Those with three offenses or more can be sentenced to a $10,000 fine, a two to ten-year incarceration, or both.
- You may not drink in the Lewisville Lake Environmental Learning Area.
Best Boat Types for Lake Lewisville Party Cove
The best boats for partying on Lake Lewisville have large decks, some shade protection, space for a cooler (or a built-in refrigerator), slides, restrooms, and bars.
You can find all of these, including a fun yet sober captain to man your party crew right into the cove.
Check out this impressive 63-foot-long luxury yacht that can take up to fifty passengers. Or this 27-foot-long Sea Ray Sundeck that already supplies party toys and coolers and can hold up to eight people.