Five Things To Do In Fort Lauderdale This Memorial Day Weekend
What better way to celebrate Memorial Day than by spending time with friends and family? One of the most popular ways to spend this unofficial first day of summer is on the water. Even if you don’t own a boat, you don’t have to go out and find friends that do. It is much easier to just rent a boat, and you won’t be accused of stalking the marina crowd. You can even hire a captain to do all the work, which makes for more fun and relaxation and a lot less stress. The spectacular coastline and waterways around South Florida make it a prime holiday destination. Following are just a few of the boat-based experiences and things to do in Fort Lauderdale on the water.
- Watersports Take off for a day of swimming and snorkeling in South Florida’s warm tropical water. You can spend hours peeking into the underwater world of colorful fish and marine plants. If you’re looking for high-flying adventure, try waterskiing or wakeboarding. With a US Coast Guard-certified boat captain at the helm, you’ll be up and on top of the water in no time.
- Fishing Whether you’re chasing sailfish and marlin or fly fishing the flats of Biscayne Bay, a professional captain knows where to find the fish. All you have to do is cast out the line.
- Sightseeing Rent a motor yacht for a tour of the mansions and waterways of Fort Lauderdale and Miami. Sit back and soak up the sun or enjoy the scenery as the captain handles all aspects of navigation as well as any safety precautions.
- Nature tours A tour of South Florida’s marine wildlife environments is an experience to remember. Nothing compares to seeing wild dolphins jumping and playing in the wake of a boat. In addition to a variety of fish and birds, you can often see manatees in the narrow channels and mangroves of South Florida. Professional captains know the times and places to best view these natural wonders.
- Cruise to the Keys A high-speed catamaran can have you and your friends cruising down the coast and into the Keys in no time. Entering the Florida Keys instantly creates a new state of mind - stress-free and fun-loving. Check out the fun of Key West, the fishing by Islamorada or explore some of the snorkeling and diving offered in the middle keys.