Calendar Tooltips: Blocking Out Dates for the Off-Season
To help prepare for your off-time or off-season from boat rental operations, we’ll walk you through how to block out your off-dates, whether it’s a weekend, a few weeks, or an entire season.
Pro tip: Don’t set your boat listing to inactive, block out dates instead
- Setting your boat to inactive means you’re taking your boat off of the platform. Renters won’t be able to see your boat in their search results.
- Renters planning ahead, say for early spring or summer trips, won’t know you’re open for business then. It deters renters from requesting future bookings.
- The most successful Owners maintain their calendar up-to-date. That said, instead of setting your boat to inactive, try blocking out dates.
Let’s say, you plan on dry docking your boat between December and early-February. To block out your off-dates follow these steps:
- Go to your Owner dashboard
- Select ‘My boats’
- Select ‘Edit listing’
- Select your start date and end date
- Toggle to unavailable
You’ll know you’ve successfully blocked out your off-dates because the days will appear striped in gray and white. Owner, you’re the boss. You make up your availability, whatever works for you. That said, Owners can block out any range of time including but not limited to partial days, consecutive days, and weekends.
Learn how to block out dates by watching this video
Don’t lose out on collecting future bookings
To keep your boat rental operations afloat during your off-time or off-season, focus on keeping your boat listing visible and collecting future bookings. Below are a few more calendar tooltips for continued Owner success:
- You can block out as little as a few hours and as much as entire months.
- If you have multiple boats, you will have to do one through five for each listing.
- If you want to accept a last-minute book, make sure to check your “Advance notice” setting.
- Read this Support article for more on updating your calendar.
Boatsetter is the go-to app for boat rentals and on-water experiences. Whatever the adventure, we’ve got a boat for that—Set sail, start the party, go yachting, make your trophy catch, and hone your watersports skills! Download the Boatsetter app (App Store | Google Play). Make sure to follow @boatsetter on Instagram, and tag us in all your boat day pictures for the chance to be featured.