2022 United States (Annapolis) Sailboat Show: Preview Guide
Every October, the Chesapeake Bay enjoys an influx of new and salty sailors as they gather at the premier sailing event in the country. The United States Sailboat Show, also known simply as the ‘Annapolis Sailboat Show,’ attracts hundreds of exhibitors including boat builders, sailing schools, charter companies, boating gear manufacturers, boating magazines, and local marine businesses.
This year, the show will take place October 13-17 with a special preview day on Thursday. Attendees come from all over the country and even all over the world to see the latest sailboat technology in a place where you can’t beat the nautical vibe. Annapolis is a sailor’s paradise and if you’re planning to visit, why not charter a sailboat and get in some time on the water or even do a sleep-aboard and dodge the crowded hotels? Here at Boatsetter, we have a significant Annapolis fleet with options and experiences to choose from.
Here’s what to expect from the 2022 United States Sailboat Show:
- When: October 13th – 17th, 2022
- Where: City Dock (Annapolis, MD)
- Cost: $25 (at gate), $22 (at door), $10 (for children of ages 7-12), FREE (for kids 6 and under)
- Enhance your boat show experience with a boat rental: Book here
New Boats and Exhibitors
Among the exhibitors this year, you’ll be able to check out:
- Fountaine Pajot
- Mack Sails
- And so much more!
Whether you’re looking for a racing monohull, a luxury catamaran, the latest electronics, technical apparel, or a charter vacation, you’ll find it at the Annapolis boat show.
VIP Experience Sponsored by La Victoire Finance
Enjoy the VIP Red Carpet Lounge with exclusive seating, mouth-watering catering, and craft cocktails. Pricing is $175. Add reserved parking for a $25 upcharge.
Sailing Channels Booth
Check out the Sailing Channels Booth to meet boating influencers:
And more! Stop by to learn more about boating life from their personal stories.
New to boating? If you’ve come to learn, you won’t be disappointed.
- The Take the Wheel interactive workshop is sponsored by Jeanneau sailboats and Sail Away catamarans and it’s your opportunity to learn on and off the water.
- Also, kids 11-15 can get on the water with the Junior Captains program designed to make them enthusiastic sailors while adults can take the wheel of two monohulls and two cats to see what best fits their personality.
- The very popular Cruisers University is already open for registration and most of the program will be held at the Historic Inns of Annapolis on State Circle. There are dozens of classes led by expert speakers. Learn diesel mechanics, weather for cruisers, marine electrical systems, anchoring, and more. University prices include educational materials, expert instruction, breakfast and lunch, evening activities, a one-year basic BoatUS membership, and admission to the show(s).
Register early for any of the above because they sell out fast.
Pusser’s Painkiller and door prizes – what’s not to love? Purchase advance tickets online or sign up at the show to win special door prizes including a seven-day charter in the British Virgin Islands with The Moorings.
If you’re looking for a pre-owned sailboat, visit Brokerage Cove on the other side of the Spa Creek Bridge. It’s an easy walk from the main show. Alternatively, you can take a water taxi to this floating marina in St. Mary’s Cove that’s full of boats for sale, ready for immediate cruising.
Pro Tip: Call up a babysitter or fur babysitter; pets and strollers are not allowed at this event.
The Annapolis show is an internationally acclaimed event, recognized as one of the world’s most comprehensive and prestigious sailboat shows. Even if you aren’t boat shopping, the atmosphere in Annapolis that weekend is for anyone who loves the water.
You can discover more boating events like the US Sailboat Show at Boatsetter’s Boating Guides & Resources!
Boatsetter is a unique boat-sharing platform that gives everyone — whether you own a boat or you’re just renting — the chance to experience life on the water. You can list a boat, book a boat, or make money as a captain.
Zuzana Prochazka is an award-winning freelance journalist and photographer with regular contributions to more than a dozen sailing and powerboating magazines and online publications including Southern Boating, SEA, Latitudes & Attitudes and SAIL. She is SAIL magazines Charter Editor and the Executive Director of Boating Writers International. Zuzana serves as judge for SAIL’s Best Boats awards and for Europe’s Best of Boats in Berlin.
A USCG 100 Ton Master, Zuzana founded and manages a flotilla charter organization called Zescapes that takes guests adventure sailing at destinations worldwide.
Zuzana has lived in Europe, Africa and the United States and has traveled extensively in South America, the islands of the South Pacific and Mexico.