5 Best Beaches in St. Petersburg, FL to Explore By Boat
Exploring St. Petersburg, Florida, is a fantastic experience, especially if you go out on the waters of the Gulf of Mexico with a boat to many of the fabulous beaches.
Boating in St. Pete provides opportunities for sightseeing, watersports, and relaxing in the beautiful year-round weather. In addition, local beaches offer boaters opportunities to take a break from the water, dig their toes in the sand, and grab something to eat from a nearby restaurant.
Here’s a list of the five most popular beaches in St. Petersburg, each one perfect for exploring by boat and anchoring just off the sand.
- St. Pete Beach
- Pass-a-Grille Beach
- Honeymoon Island State Park Beach
- Caladesi Island State Park Beach
- Archibald Memorial Beach Park
Is the water clear at St. Pete Beach?
The waters off the shores of St. Pete Beach are crystal clear, making this one of the prettiest beaches in the Southwest Florida area. When sitting on the beach looking out onto the Gulf of Mexico, you will be treated to views of turquoise waters, creating the perfect beach-going experience.
The best thing about the clear waters of St. Pete Beach is where you can see aquatic wildlife swim right by your boat. This area is full of dolphins, manatees, and several large fish species, which can be seen during the day from the shores of St. Pete Beach or the comfort of your boat.
Though all the beaches in St. Petersburg are beautiful, the further south you travel, the clearer and bluer the waters get and the more breathtaking the beaches become.
Best Beaches in St Pete for Families
St. Petersburg is a family-friendly destination that offers many cultural attractions and plenty of sunny days to enjoy the beach. Many local beaches provide plenty of space for all the beach-going activities you and your family look forward to enjoying.
Popular things to do at the beach include sandcastle building, swimming, volleyball, and picnics. All the St. Petersburg beaches offer many opportunities for families to enjoy these activities and more.
Some of the best beaches for families in the St. Petersburg area include:
- St. Pete Beach is set in a charming resort city surrounded by fantastic restaurants and unique shopping experiences. Families can enjoy the ultimate beach experience at this beach, with turquoise waters, snow-white sands, and beautiful views. This is the perfect place to watch the sunset with your family.
- Pass-a-Grille Beach is a picture-perfect beach area with many local amenities, including restaurants and world-class resorts. When out boating with the family, this beach is perfect for taking a break to enjoy playing fun beach games, swimming, and taking a stroll.
- Honeymoon Island State Park Beach is one of the prettiest beaches in the area, with four miles of beautiful white sands and views of sapphire-blue waters. This beach offers families opportunities to enjoy sunbathing, boating, long walks, swimming, shelling, surfing, and picnicking.
- Caladesi Island State Park Beach offers families a beautiful island oasis just offshore from St. Petersburg. This area is known for its bright white sands and crystal clear waters. Families can enjoy everything from boating, fishing, or swimming in calm waters.
- Archibald Memorial Beach Park is a favorite beach among visitors looking for a white-sand shoreline, crystal clear water, tall palm trees, and several onsite amenities.
Explore All Available St. Pete Boat Rentals
Does St. Pete have Piers & Boardwalks?
St. Petersburg does have local piers and boardwalks available for locals and visitors to explore and experience an authentic Southwest Florida lifestyle. St. Pete Pier is one of the more popular piers in the area, offering an exciting waterfront experience with limitless fun for everyone.
This pier is set on 26 acres along the blue waters of Tampa Bay and close to the downtown St. Petersburg parks. Additionally, St. Pete Pier offers opportunities for fishing and participating in the many community events hosted at the location.
Another beautiful pier in the St. Petersburg area is the Skyway Fishing Pier State Park, the old bridge that formerly connected St. Petersburg with Sarasota. Anglers love this pier because it is a popular place to catch snook, grouper, black sea bass, Spanish mackerel, tarpon, king mackerel, cobia, red snapper, and sheepshead.
Nearby is John’s Pass Village and Boardwalk, accessible by boat, offering those looking for exciting shopping, fishing, dining, and entertainment options. John’s Pass is family-friendly, with near-endless activities available along the boardwalk. In addition to the fantastic restaurants and unique seaside shops, this boardwalk is the perfect location to watch dolphins and relax while watching the boats go in and out of the village waters.
Ready to hit the water and beaches of St. Pete? With a Boatsetter boat rental, you can spend the day exploring all of what St.Pete has to offer with your friends and family.