2022 Discover Boating Miami International Boat Show: Preview Guide
It’s back and bigger than ever. The Miami Boat Show—now known as the Discover Boating™ Miami International Boat Show®—took a break due to COVID-19 last year, but has returned for an in-person experience for 2022.
The show dates have changed, so it starts and ends a day earlier: Wednesday to Sunday, February 16-20. The show locations are spread over six venues across Miami Beach, including the new Miami Beach Convention Center, so it’s time to have fun at South Beach just like the days before the Key Biscayne venue.
Hundreds of marine exhibitors and boat builders will showcase boats, gear, fishing tackle and local and exotic vacations. Come see Raymarine if you’re looking to upgrade your boat electronics, or learn about the benefits of an electric outboard from Torqeedo. Don’t forget to browse the smaller family boats at the convention center, visit with the sailboats at Museum Park Marina, browse in-water powerboats at Sea Isle Marina and admire the superyachts at Island Gardens on Watson Island.
Explore Boat Rentals in Miami, FL – Get to the Show by Boat
Things to Do at the Show
Explore New Boats & Yacht of All Sizes
If you’re planning to attend the Miami Boat Show to go boat shopping, you’ve come to the right place—and if you don’t know where to start, here are some ideas:
- Anglers will love the NautiStar 249 Bay that will take you fishing just about anywhere with its powerful 300-hp outboard and the convenience of twin livewells.
- Check out Sea-Doo’s Switch modular pontoon boat that’s also a jet boat. You drive it like a PWC but it you can party with eight friends and rearrange the boat and its modular furniture to suit your style.
- How about a sailboat? The Beneteau Oceanis 34.1 is a perfect couple’s daysailer that can weekend too. With over 500 square feet of sail area and a choice of three keels, you can power up this compact cruiser even in light winds.
- Looking for a bigger sailing platform? Check out the new Dufour 48 catamaran. Two hulls, oodles of deck space, a stable ride and exceptional performance will take you to the islands and beyond.
- If you like the idea of two hulls but no sails—tour the powerful Lagoon Sixty 7 powercat. This is luxury on the water and with over 5,000 gallons of onboard fuel, the horizon’s the limit.
- If fishing is your thing but roughing it is not—check out the Viking 68C luxury sportfisher. This is a pushbutton paradise that will put you on the fish both near and far.
- You don’t have to be rich to be a boater with Hobie’s new iTrek Series that offers three models of inflatable boats which you can paddle like a paddleboard or peddle while seated with Hobie’s patented MirageDrive. Choose a single, double or quad platform. That last one has four seats and even a clip-in for a Yeti cooler so you can peddle and party all day.
Get Out on the Water with a Miami Boat Rental or Charter
Boating on Biscayne Bay is a great way to take a break from the boat show. Charter a boat or yacht with a captain, or go bareboat—you can find hundreds of available peer-to-peer boat rentals in and around Miami, FL right here on Boatsetter.
Have fun with a ski boat, party on a pontoon, raise sails on a sailboat, go angling like a pro with a center console fishing boat, or opt for a 70-foot luxury yacht and captain. No experience is off limits.
Book Your Boat Rental Experience Today
Watch Live Entertainment, Product Demos & More
The show opens at 10:00am each day, so pick a starting point early. A great place to begin is at Pride Park near the convention center that will highlight various benefits of the boating lifestyle.
- Attend an educational boating seminar at Fred’s Shed, an interactive learning center.
- Watch an in-water demo or join a contest at the AquaZone.
- Learn about marine environment, sustainability, and conservation at Costa Conservation Village.
- Try a surf simulator at the Wake Sports Experience.
- Learn about electric propulsion systems and high-tech batteries for your boat.
- Enjoy lunch, dinner and cocktails.
- Stay for the live music Thursday-Saturday nights.
Tickets & Getting to the Show
When it comes time to purchase tickets, we recommend you buy your tickets in advance online. Tickets start at $40 for one-day admission for adults attending Thursday through Sunday, $15/one day for kids (6-15). Choose a multi-day ticket and make a weekend of it, starting at $70 for adults, valid Thursday through Sunday.
To enhance your boat show visit, you can also opt for the Windward VIP Experience that includes access to the SuperYacht Miami section of the show, water taxi convenience and premium food and open bar in an exclusive setting.
Show hours are the following:
- Wednesday, Feb. 16th | 10 AM – 6 PM (Prime Time Preview)
- Thursday, Feb. 17th | 10 AM – 6 PM
- Friday, Feb. 18th | 10 AM – 7 PM
- Saturday, Feb. 19th | 10 AM – 7 PM
- Sunday, Feb. 20th | 10 AM – 5 PM
The Miami Boat Show is so much more than a show with boats. It’s an experience, so whether you’re a salty sailor looking to add to your gear, or a nautical newbie wanting to learn, there’s something for everyone.
Check out our guide to the 2023 Miami Boat Show
Browse Available Boat and Yacht Rentals in Miami, FL
Zuzana Prochazka is an award-winning freelance journalist and photographer with regular contributions to more than a dozen sailing and powerboating magazines and online publications including Southern Boating, SEA, Latitudes & Attitudes and SAIL. She is SAIL magazines Charter Editor and the Executive Director of Boating Writers International. Zuzana serves as judge for SAIL’s Best Boats awards and for Europe’s Best of Boats in Berlin.
A USCG 100 Ton Master, Zuzana founded and manages a flotilla charter organization called Zescapes that takes guests adventure sailing at destinations worldwide.
Zuzana has lived in Europe, Africa and the United States and has traveled extensively in South America, the islands of the South Pacific and Mexico.