Tampa Bay, St. Petersburg, & Clearwater Fishing Reports (February 2024)
Tampa, FL – February 15th, 2024 – Boatsetter collects local inshore, nearshore, and offshore fishing reports from expert fishing guides and boaters who regularly fish the waters of Tampa Bay, St. Petersburg, Madeira Beach, Dunedin, Palm Harbor, Clearwater and the surrounding areas. Bookmark this page and check back every couple weeks for up-to-date information on locations, fish species, bait & tackle, and other tips to maximize your chances of success planning your next fishing trip.
Explore Top Rated Fishing Charters in Tampa, Florida
Rent Top Rated Fishing Boat Rentals in Tampa, Florida
Tampa – St. Petersburg
Capt. Christopher Soto
– Feb 15, 2024
- Redfish: Redfish are hugging the shoreline and hiding under the mangroves on the higher tides. Especially by the deep holes along the mangroves. They’re eating live pilchards and shrimp.
- Snook: Snook have been anywhere from the mangroves to the open flats. Most important thing is the water temperature and moving water. You can also catch them on pilchards, shrimp or artificial.
- Trout: Large numbers of keeper size trout are showing up on many flats. Usually on the edge of the flats, especially in the deeper holes. Artificials are your best bet for the trout.
- Capt. Christopher guides fishing charters from a 21′ Cobia Bay Boat. Check out the boat and book a fishing charter with Capt. Christopher.
Capt. Matt Luttman
– February 8, 2024
- Inshore: The speckled trout have been feeding heavy on moving tides along the deeper edges of grass flats. Redfish have been hanging tight to deeper docks and structure with the morning low tides. With the water in the low 60’s and pinfish offshore to spawn, shrimp have been the ticket!
- Offshore: Hogfish and lane snapper have been concentrated on small ledges and hard bottom areas in 35-65 ft. Mangrove snapper and red grouper are on similar structure in 75-110 ft. Fish live shrimp on knocker rigs or heavy jig heads and you’re bound to find some success.
- Capt. Matt offers guided fishing charters from a 23’ Hanson Tower Boat. Check out the boat and book a fishing charter with Capt. Matt.
Capt. Frank Hutchko
– February 7, 2024
- Offshore: Fishing offshore in the gulf has been nothing but epic the last few weeks! We have limited out on African Pompano and Red Grouper every trip! Throw in a bunch of lane and mangrove snapper and nothing but sore arms and smiles by all!
- Nearshore: Fishing 15-20 miles out in 55-75 ft the Hogfish bite has been very good! Grey snapper and lane snappers are plentiful as well; most trips putting 35-65 fish in the box.
- Capt. Frank offers guided fishing charters from a 36’ Yellowfin Center Console. Check out the boat and book a fishing charter with Capt. Frank.
Clearwater – Dunedin – Palm Harbor
Capt. Angelo Gentile
– February 9, 2024
- Inshore Dunedin / Palm Harbor areas: The speckled trout and redfish bite has been hot on the spoil islands and oyster bars during the higher parts of the tide and later in the morning into afternoon when it warms up. Live shrimp under a cork with a 2-3 foot leader or on the bottom with a small egg sinker or split shot. Docks and oyster bars are also holding sheepshead using shrimp or fiddler crabs. Check out the boat and book a fishing charter with Capt. Angelo.
Explore top rated fishing charters in Tampa, Florida
Rent top rated fishing boat rentals in Tampa, Florida
Longtime and junior anglers love Boatsetter’s Fishing Guides & Resources, check it out for basics, pro tips, and everything in between.
About Boatsetter Fishing
Boatsetter offers over 50,000 boats to rent or charter — for anglers, that means everything from bass boats or pontoons to fish freshwater to center consoles or skiffs to fish saltwater from inshore to offshore. Your next personal best or bucket list catch is here.
Luke is a Director of Boatsetter’s Fishing team, supporting fishing operators and boat owners earning income on Boatsetter along with guests planning fishing experiences. Previously, Luke co-founded Fisher Guiding, a platform for booking fishing guides, with his friend Edward before both joined Boatsetter in an acquisition in 2020. The best part of his job is meeting fishing captains, boaters, and fellow anglers across the country and helping people try a new experience, whether it’s fishing for the first time or exploring new waters.