13 Fun Water Activities to Do this Summer
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." Jacques Cousteau once mused. Summer is here and it's time to start turning daydreams into plans. Create some lifelong memories this summer with your family and friends out on the water. Nothing beats the experience of boating, whether you fancy fishing, snorkeling or just sunset cruising. And, the great news is now ownership and experience are not required. Even if you don't own a boat, it's easier than ever to rent a boat and take part in the boating lifestyle. Not sure you can, or want, to handle the helm of a boat? We've got you covered. Certified captains are available for hire. All you have to do is show up. On-water summertime activities
- Learn to water ski or wakeboard.
- Teach the kids to fish.
- Watch the sunset or fireworks by way of the water.
- Spend the weekend on board a boat where you'll relax to coastal breezes and be rocked to sleep each night.
- Hold your company picnic on board a day cruiser or fully equipped catamaran.
- Go to dinner, brunch or lunch by boat.
- Take an airboat tour of the Florida Everglades.
- Become certified in SCUBA diving.
- Snorkel in new locations where you can discover the beautiful world below the waterline.
- Cruise through the canals and waterways of Miami and Fort Lauderdale.
- Teach the kids about conservation and the natural environment.
- Host a dinner party for family, friends or co-workers aboard a luxury yacht.
- Plan a romantic sunset cruise for an engagement, anniversary or another special event.